This week I have a few quick updates on my health and healing journey AND I wanted to take this opportunity to do some self fascia release that’s long overdue! Follow along with me as I do my fascia release sequence and explain my process/line of thinking behind this sequence :).
If you’ve been following along in this series you know that I’ve been dealing with some health challenges (from mercury toxicity to struggles exercising and more) and I’ve been seeking out help from naturopathic doctors, but not feeling like I’m getting the help I need there. I wanted to update you guys more last week, but I felt like it was time for me to share my trauma story on video, so I have a little catching up to do with you guys.
I’ve been crazy busy filming content all week for my current group of practitioners, so I had to film/write this weeks fascianista a little in advance, but… I am SO excited to be working with Dr. Mindy Pelz soon! We have our first appointment set for October 21. I can’t wait to share my experience of that appointment with you next week!
If you’re not familiar with Dr. Mindy Pelz, check out her YouTube channel here.
Before seeking out help from doctors I experimented with intermittent fasting which seemed to be really effective, until it had a bit of whiplash effect and ultimately I started feeling worse than when I started. After visiting a couple of naturopaths and trying quite a few supplements they recommended I decided to stop taking most of them after not seeing improvements for most of them. I added a couple of supplements to my regimen that intuitively felt right to me and kept taking one of supplements that the naturopaths recommended to me.
Here are the four supplements that I’m still taking that I feel have been tangibly helpful for me:
1) Liposomal Glutathione: https://amzn.to/32GWNdX
2) Bind: https://amzn.to/32GWNdX
3) Methyl Folate: https://amzn.to/340u4RD
4) Liver Support: https://amzn.to/2qzJIop
All in all I’ve been feeling a lot better, and because I’ve been dealing with a lot of toxicity related issues, I decided to focus this fascia release sequence around lymph related techniques and am attempting to open up my detox pathways in the process.
Here’s my the fascial release sequence I chose:
1) Adductors – Opening up/moving lymph near the groin
2) Forearm Flexors – Addressing inflammation
3) Forearm Extensors – Addressing inflammation
4) Biceps and Chest – Opening up lymph drainage pathways
5) Scalenes – Moving the lymph and stimulating drainage
While I’m seeking specific help with detoxing from mercury poisoning, the themes I cover are universal: wanting to be seen and believed when we seek professional help for health; learning to trust our own wisdom vs when to defer authority to someone “who knows more”; using fascia release for healing from pain, toxicity and nervous system trauma/patterns…and so much more.
Please share a takeaway below, thoughts on my fascia release sequence, a personal experience you’ve had on your own healing journey or anything else that feels helpful to this discussion. I love hearing from you!
Got a question based on this week’s video? Post it below, I’m always happy to answer if I can!
* Disclaimer: The contents of this blog and accompanying YouTube channel are for informational purposes only and do not render medical or psychological advice, opinion, diagnosis, or treatment. The information provided through this website is expressly the opinions of each author and should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. This is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a medical or psychological problem, you should consult your appropriate health care provider. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Links on this website are provided only as an informational resource, and it should not be implied that we recommend, endorse or approve of any of the content at the linked sites, nor are we responsible for their availability, accuracy or content.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.